Sew: Pyjama Pants

Sew: Child PJ Pants

As I mentioned in my Abakhan Secret Sale post, I found a huge piece of Monsters Inc fabric there and knew that my nephew would LOVE it! So, for his birthday I decided I would make him some pyjamas. Originally I was going to make pyjama bottoms and a pyjama top, however, I didn't have enough time for the top since I was revising for my exams. But I bought a 3 pack of t-shirts from Asda for only £5, to go with the bottoms and attached a patch pocket to all three.


What you'll need
Fabric
1" wide elastic.
Trimmings (Optional).
Pyjama Bottoms Pattern.

Making your pattern
Print off your pattern onto A4 paper with scaling set at 100%. Make sure you don't print double sided.
Once your pattern is printed it is time to assemble your pattern. This pattern is simple to construct. Just match the pages up by matching the correct letters. 
I simply use tape to attach my papers to one another.

Seam allowances are 3/8" and are included.

Cutting your fabric

Place your pattern onto your fabric and cut one of these out. 



Then place your pattern "right" side down and cut another. You should have two pieces, one "mirrored" version.

Place the two pieces right sides together and sew the rise pieces (i.e. waist to crotch).

Now, rotate the trousers so that the seams that you just sewed are in line with each other at the centre.

Make sure that the seems at the crotch are aligned.

Sew from first ankle to crotch to second ankle . (Inside leg seam)

Turn under 1/2" hem at bottom of trousers. Press this flat. Turn another 1/2" and press. Sew around hem along the inner edge.

Turn over 1/4" for the waist and press. Turn over 1 1/4" and press. 

Sew along the inner edge leave a 2" gap at the back centre.

Attach a safety pin to the end of your elastic and thread it through the waistband. Make sure you don't twist your elastic.

Do a wide zigzag stitch to join the elastic together.

Sew the gap closed (adding a care label into the gap).
Patch Pocket
Love this boy!
"Cheese!"
"Show me your muscles!"
My favourite thing about this make was seeing my nephew's face when he saw the pyjamas. He loved them. 

Does peoples reactions to what you sew inspire YOU to sew more/better? Let me know in the comments!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top