Where have I been?


Hello, is anyone out there?! It's been a little quiet around here recently... well, a LOT quiet! Things have been a little manic for me over the last few months. From university work, family time, rebranding the blog, running a charity and winning an award from the Prime minister  I feel as though I've had to neglect my sewing. Which is definitely not cool with me. So let me tell you what I've been up to...

In the past I have mentioned the charity that I co-founded, the Wrap Pyjama Fairies, where we sew specially adapted hospital pyjamas and surgical gowns, free of charge, for children in hospital. I created this charity with Amanda Chadwick who, at the time, was a complete stranger. We met on a fabric Facebook group where she told me that she had sewn hospital pyjamas and surgical gowns for her poorly daughter and other children on the ward. I knew I had to get involved!

I offered to help Amanda set up a group for volunteer sewists to sew the garments for children in hospital. Things began to grow steadily to the point where parents were ordering directly from us and the volunteers. Things were great and totally manageable...until we were featured on BBC Breakfast. Things became a little hectic, we were receiving 10-20 orders a day, 100 of volunteers joining and several hospitals asking for bulk orders. The charity bloomed into something big, and we recently became a registered charity after heavy piles of paperwork. But we did it, and I couldn't be happier! 

Things are going great but growing unbelievably quick, so trying to keep on top of everything can be a bit of a challenge but I'm working on my time management so things are a little less overwhelming.

But speaking of overwhelming, I won an award from the Prime Minister! I won the Points of Light award, which was a huge honour and was lovely for my charity work to be recognised at such a level. Even got a letter from Big Dave himself...


I'm also slap-bang in the middle of my exam right now, this time next week I will be finished exams, and my third year of uni for the rest of summer. Hoorah!! 
To make things worse, I made the responsible decision to leave my sewing machine at home while I'm at university for my exams. So, as soon as I'm back home for summer, expect a lot more blog posts and tutorials coming your way. I can't wait to get back into it!

Since I have been away from Daisy and Sergio (my sewing babies) I decided to concentrate on giving my blog a little maintenance. You may have noticed my blog is looking VERY different since the last time you visited, this is because I have completely rebranded the blog to make it more crisp and minimal as things were looking a little too "busy" for my liking. Sharing my blog posts and tutorials is a lot easier now too. 


Just click on one of these four buttons at the end of the post to easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Pinterest. Neat huh? ;)

I'm really interested to know whether you like the new look of the blog. Let me know in the comments below, and while your there, let me know if there is any particular tutorial you would like to see from me this summer.

Ciao for now!
Chels x





CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. One simple and well known approach to figure out how to sew is by taking a neighborhood class at a texture or sewing machine deals store. Numerous specialty store offer sewing classes from amateur to cutting edge ability levels.best sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manual, Warranty and Servicing. Please don't purchase a sewing machine without a manual. heavy duty leather sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting to read your blog post and I am going to share it with my friends.aybabg

    pinoy tambayan

    ReplyDelete
  4. LED drive circuitry also generates heat - adding to the thermal management challenge. And, generally, the greater the ljusskyltar volume of light that is required, the more LEDs are needed, leading to more complex the circuitry, packaging challenges, higher heat flux, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing that most visitors are going to remember is €œBreakfast with an Orangutan". It entertains young people a lot. All Corporate / company breakfast venues in Singapore travelers can enjoy this action. I can't wait to explore it myself. Everyone is able to closely view trained orangutan in that attraction. Animal shows are also popular in this zoological gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some sheet music may only encompass the basic instruments. Since most movie songs seem to include an orchestra to project 123 movies a fuller sound, it is best to check that the free movies sheet music is suited to your requirements before download.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This machine from sibling is seemingly the best in the market regarding its easy to use highlights, simple and effective sewing.good sewing machine for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of these services includes the service of uncontested divorce paperwork for the couple that wants to get separated from this demolished relation. The couple does not have to go through this process that drains their pocketbook or their emotions. Globex Documents provides all divorce services the paperwork and the facilities that the couple needs at a very affordable price and provides all the documents online at a very affordable price. These documents are not blank or self-fillable. In fact, all the documentation is complete and fully authorized by the court and made by professionals. All the task the couple has to do now is to sign the document and submit it to the court and the divorce procedure will be completed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Embroidery is normally used in designing the fabric, providing it a brand name, making it looks attractive by adding extra decorative material to the cloth which can be enduring or will wash away depending on the type of it. good embroidery machine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Though it can be quite entertaining and relaxing as an afternoon hobby, hand crafting can still be very exhaustivebest embroidery machine for home business

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top